Datasets: Aerial Imagery, AVHRR, CEOS Legacy, Commercial Satellites, Declassified Data, Digital Elevation (DEM), Digital Line Graphs, Digital Maps, EO-1, Global Fiducials, HCMM, ISERV, Land Cover, Landsat, NASA LPDAAC Collections, Radar, Sentinel, UAS, Vegetation Monitoring, ISRO Resourcesat
About: The USGS EarthExplorer (EE) tool provides users the ability to query, search, and order satellite images, aerial photographs, and cartographic products from several sources. In addition to data from the Landsat missions and a variety of other data providers, EE now provides access to MODIS land data products from the NASA Terra and Aqua missions, and ASTER level-1B data products over the U.S. and Territories from the NASA ASTER mission.
Earth Explorer Help: https://www.usgs.gov/centers/eros/science/earthexplorer-help-index
1) Navigate to the data portal https://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/
2) Enter an area of interest (AOI) using an address, coordinates or by using the map view as a bounding box
3) Enter a date range
4) Additionally, if you need cloud cover, you can alter the range of Cloud Cover. Typically, for LANDSAT imagery you want to avoid cloud cover as much as possible so sliding the bar to 20% or less is recommended.
5) Navigate to the 'Data Sets' tab located at the top of the data portal. If you have a data set in mind you can click the one you need; however, if you don't know what dataset you are looking for you can click 'Use Data Set Prefilter' which will narrow down the imagery that you specified earlier.
6) Select datasets and click 'Results' at the bottom of the data portal
*It is necessary to create a USGS account to download data
If you are having trouble finding the data you are looking for, the AGS Library may be able to help.
|Geospatial Data Homepage||Data Request Form||E-mail us email@example.com|