About: The National Map is a collaborative effort among the USGS and other Federal, State, and local partners to improve and deliver topographic information for the Nation. It has many uses ranging from recreation to scientific analysis to emergency response. The National Map is easily accessible for display on the Web, as products and services, and as downloadable data. The geographic information available from The National Map includes orthoimagery (aerial photographs), elevation, geographic names, hydrography, boundaries, transportation, structures, and land cover.
Data Available: Data comes in various formats, including GIS shapefile, geodatabase, (Geo)TIFF, LAS/LAZ (LiDAR), ArcGrid (raster),
Topics Include: US topography, historical US topography, boundaries, 1-meter NAIP imagry, hydrography, elevation, place names, map indices, transportation, woodland tint, national landcover database, and more.
1. Navigate to the data portal https://viewer.nationalmap.gov/basic/
2. Check the box by the dataset you wish to download
3. Use the options at the top of the map to choose search criteria
4. Map indices can help by displaying the 1 degree, 15 minute, 7.5 minute, or all quadrangle boundaries on the map (Some products are “tiled” by these indices)
5. Click 'Find products'
6. In the 'Products' tab, add your desired products to the cart
7. View Cart
8. Download products
If you are having trouble finding the data you are looking for, the AGS Library may be able to help.
|Geospatial Data Homepage||Data Request Form||E-mail us email@example.com|