About: This is an extensive, free resource for locating, viewing, and downloading data developed and/or maintained by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
Data Available: Data can be downloaded as GIS shapefiles, KML, or spreadsheet. Data can also be loaded directly into ArcGIS Online for viewing and analysis.
Topics Include: Water, fish and wildlife, managed lands, environmental protection, parks and recreation, forestry, transportation, indexes and PLSS, boundaries, landcover and vegetation
1. Select a data category based on the topic you are looking for.
2. You can browse available datasets, filter the results using options on the left side of the page, or search for data in the search box at the top of the page.
3. Select a dataset by clicking on its name.
4. View the information about the selected data to ensure that it meets your needs. The map at the top of the page is interactive and displays the extent of the dataset. The abstract provides background on how and why the data was created. The attributes include all columns which would be included in the layer's attribute table. Switching from the "Overview" tab to the "Data" tab will display the attribute table in its entirety.
5. To download the data, click the "Download" button and choose the desired format from the dropdown menu. Choose to save the file to your computer.
6. If you wish to use this data in ArcGIS Online, below the "About" section, click the link titled "Create Webmap".
If you are having trouble finding the data you are looking for, the AGS Library may be able to help.
|Geospatial Data Homepage||Data Request Form||E-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org|