About: Developed and maintained by UW Madison Geography Department's Robinson Map Library and the Wisconsin State Cartographer's Office.
Topics Include: Tax Parcels and Assessment Data, Streets, Land Use, Address Points, Municipalities, Zoning, Hydrography, and Building Footprints.
Please Note: All state data is open and available for public use.
1. There are multiple ways to search for and locate data in GeoData@Wisconsin.
2. With any of the above methods, you can further filter the search results using the tools on the left-hand side column.
3. When you've selected the file you want,
4. When the file download is complete, open the download and extract, or unzip all files to the directory of your choice.
5. Add the data to ArcMap, or a GIS interface of your choice.
For "How-To" videos on searching for data, see: https://geodata.wisc.edu/pages/videos
In many cases, the data consists of a link to the portal of the originator. Click the link if you want to view data there and find out more information about it. Going to the source may also enable you to download the data in a format not directly available from GeoData@Wisconsin.
If you are having trouble finding the data you are looking for, the AGS Library may be able to help.
|Geospatial Data Homepage||Data Request Form||E-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org|
The Contents of Finding and Using GIS Data may be reused with attribution for Non-Commercial purposes.
Finding and Using GIS Data by Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.