About: This is the GIS open data portal for Milwaukee County. The Topo-Planimetric county-wide data download offers users some of the most comprehensive basemap data available for Milwaukee County, including natural and man-made features. The Cadastral county-wide data download includes basemap information about real estate and property. Each are available county-wide or for specific areas.
Data Available: MCLIO spatial data are available for download as .SHP or .KML and as .PNG, .JPG, and .TIF in the case of aerial photos.
Many of these layers and more are available individually via the MCLIO Data Download Portal. Also available here are LAS point files and aerial photographs.
1. Select a data category based on the topic you are looking for.
2. You can browse available datasets, filter the results using options on the left side of the page, or search for data in the search box at the top of the page.
3. Select a dataset by clicking on its name.
4. View the information about the selected data to ensure that it meets your needs. The map at the top of the page is interactive and displays the extent of the dataset. The abstract provides background on how and why the data was created. The attributes include all columns which would be included in the layer's attribute table. Switching from the "Overview" tab to the "Data" tab will display the attribute table in its entirety.
5. To download the data, click the "Download" button and choose the desired format from the dropdown menu. Choose to save the file to your computer.
6. If you wish to use this data in ArcGIS Online, below the "About" section, click the link titled "Create Webmap".
Download 2010 LiDAR Data: for DEM, Hillshade, Smooth, Slope, Height Above Ground, and LAS Points.
Download 2015 LiDAR Data: (Currently only DEM and LAS Points for 2015).
If you are having trouble finding the data you are looking for, the AGS Library may be able to help.
|Geospatial Data Homepage||Data Request Form||E-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org|