The last step of Evidence-based Practice closes the loop of the process, and asks practitioners to reassess their work by asking the following questions:
- Am I asking well-formulated questions?
- After conducting your research, did your PICO(T) question work for what you wanted to accomplish? How could it be improved for future practice?
- Am I becoming more efficient in my searching for the best evidence possible?
- Am I critically appraising evidence for its validity and utility?
- are you becoming more comfortable with identifying different types of articles and assessing them for bias risk?
- Am I integrating critical appraisals into practice?
- are you starting to rely more on research to inform your clinical decicions?
- Is what I have learned translating into better clinical practice?