Welcome to the ENG 102 guide. In this guide, you will find information and resources to help you...
- get started on your research and find background information
- consider and identify stakeholders who care about, influence and/or are impacted by a particular topic, issue or event
- use Search@UW, our resource discovery tool, which combines the library catalog and database content
- find and use subject databases specific to an area/topic
- use sources appropriately by evaluating them and recognizing ways sources might be used
- cite sources properly
When we engage in college-level research, we join the conversation about a topic. Like any conversation, in academic scholarship there are lots of other "voices" in the discussion surrounding a topic-- professors, professionals, concerned citizens, government agencies, students, etc. These conversations around topics of study generate new ideas and questions that move research forward.
By Inform Your Thinking videos were created by the Oklahoma State University Undergraduate Library Instruction and Outreach department. The videos are licensed under a Creative Commons 4.0 CC BY-NC Attribution-Non Commercial license.