Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Do I have to be in the Library to use the databases or get articles?
- no - just use Databases A to Z or Search@UW to find what you need, and you will be asked to log-in using your ePanther ID (like you would use for e-mail), so you should be able to access articles from anywhere.
- How do I check out books?
- Books, DVDs, laptops, av equipment, anatomical models, and more can be checked out at either the main circulation desk or the media and reserve desk of the GML or UWM-Waukesha, and UWM-Washington County libraries.
- eBooks are available to access at any time online with an ePanther ID login.
- Where are the best places to study?
- Group study - The Daniel M Soref Learning commons on the main floor of the Golda Meir Library has the Grind, Reserveable group study rooms, and computer labs.
- Quiet study - A designated area for quiet study is on the Second floor in the East wing of the Golda Meir Library. It is in the Music and Curriculum Library.
- Graduate students may reserve carrels with recommendation from their advisor--come to the main circulation desk for a form.
Regularly updated calendar of the UWM Libraries' hours--on all campuses and service points.
Reserve a Study Room
Use D!bs to reserve a group study room in the Daniel M. Soref Learning Commons (at GML) or at UWM Washington County.
The coffee shop located in the Library Learning Commons.
Course Reserve Search
See if what you need is on course reserve- this could be a textbook for a class, etc.
floorplans and maps of the Golda Meir Library at UWM's Milwaukee main campus.
How to Print in the library and on campus.
Meet your librarian
, Art & Art History
, Criminal Justice
, Governmental Studies
, Law & Legal Research
, Linguistics & Language
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Urban Studies