Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- UWM's Digital Future. Contribute to UWM's Digital Future planning and implementation by fostering, creating, and supporting digital inquiry, scholarship, and innovation.
- UWM Academic and Strategic Planning. Align services and collections with UWM academic program and strategic planning.
- Best Place to Work. Promote an organizational culture aligned with university priorities that helps library staff succeed in a dynamic and supportive environment.
- Services. Align service models with user preferences for unmediated access and service while continuing to provide high-quality mediated services where documented user needs persist.
- Spaces. Plan for and develop collaborative spaces within the Libraries to support students and faculty.
Strategic Planning Steering Committee
The UWM Libraries' Strategic Planning Steering Committee oversees the implementation of the 2012-2017 strategic plan, including reviewing and developing objectives, goals, and action items; developing a timeline; and communicating overall progress. Equally important, the committee makes recommendations to ELC and the Director concerning priorities for further planning and initiatives to take the strategic plan through 2017. Finally, the committee participates in ensuring there is excellent communication about the plan among staff and the Libraries' constituencies.
Michael Doylen, chair
UWM Libraries Mission & Vision
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries advance the campus mission of teaching, learning, research and service by providing scholarly resources and services. We facilitate the discovery and exchange of ideas, and the creation, preservation, and sharing of knowledge.
The Libraries help develop information-competent users and connect our community of users with information and knowledge to succeed in a diverse society.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries is a future-oriented organization with the resources to:
- Expand access to an increasing wealth of materials critical for learning and research;
- Offer outstanding user-centered service;
- Provide collaborative and flexible environments where faculty and students create and learn;
- Expand its role as an academic partner in the intellectual life of the University;
- Provide leadership and expertise in fostering new modes for scholarly communication.