This guide highlights some features of the Golda Meir Library building and UWM Libraries services.
1) Meet your library specialist(s). Every UWM academic department has a designated Library Contact and also a Department Liaison. The Library Contact is a Library staff member who can serve as your first point of contact for library information. The Departmental Liaison is a faculty or staff member in your department who communicates with the Libraries, often on collection requests. There may also be a designated research librarian for your discipline.
2) Determine if there is a detailed library guide for your department and/or course. Contact the guide's author with questions and suggestions.
3) Librarians are available to visit your class, or provide a library instruction session to be held in a library lab, classroom or conference room.
4) Request a Research Consultation or meeting with the librarian who specializes in your subject area. Get started researching a topic or request a general orientation to the specialized resources for your academic program,
5) When in doubt, try contacting the Ask a Librarian help line for 24/7 assistance.