Resources in the Library and beyond for:
Theatre 325: History of Costume
About The UWM Music Library
- Who: The largest collection of music in Southeastern Wisconsin, the UWM Music Library is the only UW school other than Madison with a separate Music Library and a full-time Music Librarian to help you with your classwork and advanced research.
- What: 60,000 LPs (yes, Vinyl!), nearly 16,000 CDs (yes, we have rock, pop, world, & jazz), 30,000 books about music with topics ranging from biographies of Bach, the history of the publishing and printing industry, and how to learn to play the guitar to critical studies of Hip Hop, Jazz in France, and the music of the native peoples of the Andes, and 30,000 pieces of printed music.
Online listening to over 4,000,000 tracks of music through commercial streaming audio services.
- Where: The East side of the 2nd floor of the Library -- You have to go in the main doors in the west wing, then upstairs and across the bridge to find us
- When: During the semester we're open 8:00 am-10pm on weekdays, with slightly different hours on Fridays and weekends. Check the Libraries' website for the most up-to-date hours.
- How: You can email your questions about music to our email or chat reference services at https://uwm.edu/libraries/ask/, phone us directly at 229-5529, or, of course, drop in and talk to us in person.