Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions: Other

Answers to common questions about the library and doing research.

Are there photocopiers/printers/scanners in the library?

Photocopiers were removed from the building as of October 2017. For questions, contact Print & Copy Services.

Scanners and printers remain available. See the Wēpa Print Away (UWM) page for more information on printing. Scanning instructions are also available.

How do I find materials the UWM libraries do not own?

If the book is owned by the UWM Libraries but is checked out, you may use the "Recall Request" button available in Primo interface.

When the UWM Libraries do not own an item that you are looking for:

  • Search the UW System via Search@UW for your title. If you find it, you can place a recall on the item to have it delivered to UW-Milwaukee. 
  • Search WorldCat, a catalog to libraries worldwide. Once you locate a record in WorldCat, click on the Find It! button and then the interlibrary loan link to request the book online.

See the Options for Obtaining Library Materials page for a more detailed list of available services.

How do I make a purchasing suggestion?

If you would like to recommend a material to be purchased, complete the UWM Libraries Purchase Recommendation Form, located on the UWM Libraries Forms & Services page. If you are requesting a serial subscription instead of a book, a form requesting more detail on why the serial is needed will be sent to you. That form may be returned to the library via campus mail. New journals are not routinely ordered on request.

Do you accept donations? How do I donate books?

Financial contributions may be made via the Give to UWM site.

We accept donations of books, and other materials, in good physical condition, which may be dropped off at the Circulation Desk, or Shipping & Receiving (M-F, 8AM-4PM).

Donations of items supporting our research and curricula not already owned by the libraries may be added to augment our collections at our discretion.

For more information, please see Gifts-in-Kind Donations of Materials to the UWM Libraries.

Are there any special services available for people with disabilities?

How do I reserve a group room?

Group room reservations are available online.

I have a question about the building facilities.

The Facilities Management department handles carrel assignments, the conference center, lockers, lost and found, and the Green Roof Project. See their webpages for more information.