Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Important Information for Fall 2020 Semester
UWM Libraries Services and Resources During COVID-19
Follow the link above to the UWM Libraries Reopening Status guide, which describes current operations for library resources and services. Please check this guide for the most up-to-date information.
For example, please note -- at present, library staff will retrieve items from the general collection at the Golda Meir Library for checkout by UWM faculty, staff & students at the main circulation desk; whereas the physical collections at the branch libraries are accessible to library users without staff assistance.
UWM students, faculty & staff can connect to most of the Libraries' subscription databases & electronic journals from off-campus by entering your ePanther ID and password.
UWM Libraries: Services
Selected library services are listed below. For a comprehensive list, please click on the last link.
Provides access to materials UWM Libraries does not own; take advantage of the faculty/grad rush option.
UW System Borrowing
Borrow eligible materials from any University of Wisconsin library; items will be delivered to UWM for you.
In-depth one-on-one meeting with a library staff member to discuss possible search strategies and information resources for your research. By appointment only.
Amenities at the Golda Meir Library (main campus)
The Golda Meir Library (Milwaukee campus) has many amenities including::
- Group study areas - schedule a room or have an impromptu meeting in one of the many wired areas
- Grind cafe (inside the Learning Commons): a great place to meet with peers or for informal meetings
- Wireless Internet access in most spaces in the library (register with your ePanther ID)
- Wēpa Print Away: distributed printing services with multiple upload options and payment methods
- Public Lockers throughout the building - Lower Level West, 1st Floor West, 2nd Floor East & West, 3rd Floor West. Free to use daily (no overnight use).
- Quiet Areas: If you need to get away from the noise and bustle of the Learning Commons, the library has two designated Quiet Study areas: 2nd floor East Wing (beyond the Music Library) and Lower Level East Wing (follow the signs for Compact Shelving). In addition, the desks near the stacks on the 2d and 3d floors are usually quiet.