Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Purpose of this Guide
This guide contains information on how to find sources for research. It includes information on:
- How to narrow your topic.
- How to search for books in your library.
- How to receive books from other institutions.
- How to locate and filter peer-reviewd articles in our databases.
- How to use a specialized database.
- How to understand results you may find on Google.
- How to determine if the sources you find are credible and valuable.
If you have any questions, contact Jan Donahou, Academic Librarian, UWM at Washington County
UWM at Washington County Contact Information