To get help with your research, you can contact a librarian by calling AskaLibrarian at (414) 229-4659 or by coming into the library during regular hours.
For help 24/7, you can email, IM or chat with a librarian.
If you need help researching a topic, you may want to contact the librarian who specializes in your subject area. See the list of Subject Area Librarians.
Did You Know?
The UWM Libraries has:
- More than 5 million cataloged items
- Access to more than 190 research databases covering every discipline
- Over 8200 current periodical subscriptions
- Tools (such as FindIt! & Citation Linker) to get you items we don't have
- 24/7 access to full-text online articles from 17,000 journals & magazines
MUCH more than books and journals
- 450,000 maps
- 8,000 atlases
- 200,000 photographs
- Sound recordings (including CDs & 70,000 LPs)
- Videos & DVDs
- Puppets & Pop-Up books
Get (Re)Acquainted with the UWM Libraries
The UWM Libraries is contained within the Golda Meir Library building, directly north of the Student Union. The new Daniel M. Soref Learning Commons on the first floor of the west wing of the library opened on Monday, August 24th. Beginning Sept. 2, the first day of 2009 Fall semester, the Learning Commons will be open 24 hours a day, Sunday through Thursday. See Fall Hours for more information.