1. Contact our Research Help services!
The Research Help Desk and online Ask a Librarian service assist with research, informational and directional questions.
Graduate Students can:
- Use the popular "Live Help" chat service 24/7 !
- Visit the Research Help Desk (within the Learning Commons, next to the Main Circulation desk) for help during operating hours
- Ask a Librarian via E-Mail
- Call the phone line at (414) 229-4659 during operating hours
- Call or email the librarian who works with your subject area.
2. Schedule a Research Consultation or Appointment!
A Research Consultation can be an in-depth, one-on-one meeting with a librarian regarding your research topic. A librarian will work with you to improve your search strategies and help to identify potentially useful resources for your research.
Appointment can also be for a general orientation to resources and services or for help with a specific tool (e.g., RefWorks) or database (e.g., PsycINFO; Data-Planet) or advanced skill (e.g., Data Management; GIS tools; Cited Reference Searching; Search Alerts).
Consultations and appointments can be in-person, over the phone, via Skype/Zoom, or through email . . . whatever format works best for you!
Best of all, this service is provided at NO COST to currently enrolled students!
By appointment only. Start with the Research Consultation Request form.
3. Attend a Library Workshop or Tour!
The library offers professional development and research workshops designed for graduate students. Registration is encouraged. The library also offers tours of the building by request. See the Professional Development and Events tab (above) for upcoming workshops and tours.
The Graduate School also offers professional development workshops and events.