Research and Support Services- Learn about the various services the library provides, like 24/7 chat help and research consultations, to information on the campus Writing Center and Panther Academic Support Services (PASS).
How to search and find resources- A brief overview of what the search bar on the library homepage draws from and how to use it. Walkthroughs for signing in to your UW system account and making requests as well and a quick look at where to find databases of articles and other research information
Obtaining Non-UWM Materials- If a needed article or book is not readily available, UW system borrowing and Interlibrary loan are just two options for obtaining materials.
Citing Sources & RefWorks- A citation help guide and information on RefWorks, a tool for storing citations and generating bibliographies.
Dissertations and Master Theses - A quick look at where to go to find a thesis or dissertation.
This guide highlights some features of the Golda Meir Library building and UWM Libraries services.
1) Meet your library specialist(s). Every UWM academic department has a designated Library Contact and also a Department Liaison. The Library Contact is a Library staff member who can serve as your first point of contact for library information. The Departmental Liaison is a faculty or staff member in your department who communicates with the Libraries, often on collection requests. There may also be a designated research librarian for your discipline.
2) Determine if there is a detailed library guide for your department and/or course. Contact the guide's author with questions and suggestions.
3) Schedule a librarian to visit your class, or request a library instruction session to be held in a library lab, classroom or conference room.
4) Request a Research Consultation or meeting with the librarian who specializes in your subject area. Get started researching a topic or request a general orientation to the specialized resources for your academic program,
5) When in doubt, start with the Ask a Librarian service for 24/7 assistance.