Links to Handouts
The documents linked-to in this column are all pdf 'help' sheets. Please let me know if you find them useful, or not. Let me know what I can do to make them more helpful.
It's Not Just For Music Majors Anymore
About The UWM Music Library
- Who: The largest collection of music in Southeastern Wisconsin, with the only full-time Music Librarian dedicated to helping you find and integrate music into your classes and a training program for music librarians through a dual-degree program in music and library science.
- What: 70,000 LPs (yes, Vinyl!), nearly 12,000 CDs (yes, we have rock, pop, world, & jazz), more than 30,000 Books about music with topics ranging from biographies of Bach, the history of the publishing and printing industry, and how to learn to play the guitar to critical studies of Hip Hop, Jazz in France, and the music of the native peoples of the Andies, more than 30,000 pieces of printed music.
It almost all circulates to UWM students, faculty, and staff!
We also have headphones (high end for audiophiles) to check out for use within the library, turntables to listen to vinyl if you don't have your own, and CD/Cassette players public use in the area.
- Where:The East side of the 2nd floor of the Library -- you'll walk right through the middle of our space every time you go to the computer lab in the Library !!
- We're also on the web at http://www.uwm.edu/Library/Music where you can find links to a full-text, scholarly music encyclopedia
- When: During the semester we're open 8am-10pm on weekdays, with slightly different hours on Fridays and weekends. Check the Libraries' website for the most up-to-date hours.
- How: You can contact us through the UWM Libraries' Ask-A-Librarian, 24/7 chat service, email your questions about music through our email reference service at http://www.uwm.edu/Library/Music/askmusic.html, phone us directly at 229-5529, or, of course, drop in and talk to us in person.
fun library video
This video was filmed here in the UWM Libraries by a recent graduate of the Peck School of the Arts Film Department for a class project. It's very fun.
Music, Theatre, & Dance Librarian
NOTE: You may chat with a librarian at any time. If someone is available online in the Music Library, you will be transferred to us. If not, you can phone us or we will e-mail you a response later.