Music Library Closing Procedures
One Hour Before Closing Time:
- Collect and shelve items found in book drops, on tables, on re-shelve shelves and on the reshelf cart in the office. Don't forget to do Statistics!
30 Minutes Before Closing Time:
- Walk around the Music Library and let patrons know that the that the Service Counter (i.e. Circ) closes in 15 mins. If they want to check something out, now is the time.
- Turn off any CD, cassette or record players on the floor.
- Make sure that rooms E281, E280 and E279 are LOCKED.
- In general, make sure everything is straightened.
- Turn off any fans that are on in the area - this is very important because fans get hot & can cause a fire if left on overnight
- Push chairs under tables.
- Write notes about things that might need attention.
- Please put your initials on these notes so we know who to come to if there are questions!
- areas that need shelf reading
- light bulbs burned out
- oddities in patron records
- any "weirdness" with returned materials.
A Couple Of Minutes Before Closing Time:
- Collect and put away headsets and other reserve materials. Don't forget to do stats!
- Change the Undergrad loan period date stamp.
- Prepare the daily stat sheet for the next day we're open (sometimes that is not the following day).
- Close and lock the Service Counter gate.
- Shutdown the circulation computer and the student work computer.
- Make sure that the typewriter is OFF and put on its dust cover
- Turn off the lights in office and take Key #17 from behind the door.
- Make sure the office door locks behind you!
On your way downstairs lock the door to the Elevator Room
After Closing - once you're downstairs):
- Return any bookcart you've brought back down to its proper place
- Sign Key #17 back in.
- Clock out on the Time-clock computer.
(updated 23 August 2017)