How to use MCAMLIS:
The Topo/ Planimetric county-wide data download offers users some of the most comprehensive basemap data available for Milwaukee County. This data includes natural and man-made features. It is available county-wide, or for specific areas.
To download all of Milwaukee County, visit the Data Download Portal, and select "Download geodatabases of countywide data"
To find data by quarter, visit the MCLIO Data Download App.
Topo/Planimetric data is available for download as .SHP or .DWG (for use in either arcMap or AutoCAD, respectively)
Data included in the Topo/Planimetric MCAMLIS download:
- Fences, Structures, Ruins, Dams, Piers, Sea Walls or Dock Walls, Bridges, Cemeteries, Concrete, Open Storage, Stockpiles, Areas Under Construction, Quarries, Guard Rails, Overhead Structures, Patios or Decks, Pools, Tanks or Silos, Signs or Billboards, Walls, Propane Tanks
- Water Bodies, Water Flow, Culverts
- Athletic Fields, Courts, Baseball Diamonds, Bleachers, Golf Courses
- National Geodetic Survey (NGS) Triangulation Stations, Traverse Stations, Photo Centers, Bench Marks
- Index Contours, Index Depressions, Approximate Index Contours, Approximate Index Depressions, Intermediate Contours, Intermediate Depressions, Approximate Intermediate Contours, Approximate Intermediate Depressions, Text Clipped Intermediate Contours and Depressions, Building Clipped Intermediate Contours and Depressions, Spot Elevation, Water Elevation
- Paved Roads, Paved Road Medians or Boulevards, Clipped Paved Roads, Private Roads, Private Road Medians or Boulevards, Unimproved Roads, Paved Driveways, Unpaved Driveways, Paved Parking, Unpaved Parking, Trails, Sidewalks, Railroads, Abandoned Railways, Paved Airport Runways, Unpaved Airport Runways, Paved and Unpaved Shoulders
- Tower Footings, Transmission Towers, Communications Towers, Power or Telephone Poles, Light Poles, Pipelines, Substation Structures
The Cadastral data download offers users land ownership, real estate, and property taxation information. These can be downloaded for specific areas, or county-wide.
MCAMLIS Cadastral data download includes:
- Condos, Certified Survey Maps, Cartographic Features, Street Right of Way, Parcels including dimensions, Taxkeys, Roads and Railways, Sub-Developments
Many of these layers and more are available individually via the MCLIO Data Download Portal. Also available here are LAS point files and aerial photographs.